Techniques and Requirements
Northern Link is a CHAS certified company. Directors hold certification in IOSH, Institute of Safety & Health, an overall view of implementation of safe working practices, risk assessment and personal safety.
They are also conversant with IIF, Incident & Injury free, a philosophy where all concerned accept responsibility for safety procedures and the working environment, not only for their own safety but of those around them.
- All site operatives hold a minimum of SLG Unit 2
- Relevant codes of practice are adhered to as per current legislation
- All survey types have method statements
- All survey types are risk assessed
- All relevant insurances are in place
A copy of our Health & Safety policy is available upon request.
All traffic counting surveys are fully organised with respect to:
- The control of technicians who are local to the survey area, trained in the use of traffic data collection methods and all Health & Safety requirements
- Liaison with the Local Authority and Emergency Services as to the nature, size and duration of the survey
- The undertaking of the survey, the collection of the traffic data, the well-being of the technicians and any other site staff, and the closing down of the survey and the safe dispersal of the staff
- Downloading, analysing and supplying the data in a format satisfactory to the client, as well as the secure storage of that data
- Organisation of subcontractors to install permanent inductive loop count sites, both volumetric and classified/speed to MCH 1540 specification standards
- Commissioning of appropriate cost effective survey to meet clients’ best requirements
- Servicing of permanent loop sites, including the general cleanliness of the equipment and immediate site, replacement of any damaged or worn pieces to the counter housings and solar panels
- Repairs to all survey equipment and counters
- Calibration of all loops sites to check the working operation, fault diagnosis and report production for remedial action required to bring any faulty sites up to acceptable working levels
- Collection, analysis and supply of all traffic survey data and secure storage of that data
- Consultation of any future requirement needs to maintain and enhance the counting programme and to monitor any other forms of traffic data collection
- Advice and implementation of a rolling programme of replacement for counting equipment and counters
- Purchasing and control of all consumable stock associated with such programmes.
Please contact us for further information.